Fassmer‘s flameless composites are laminate constructions with the target to combine first rate fire protection (flames, smoke and toxicity) with excellent mechanical properties. It has high fatigue strength and is resistant against UV, salt water and chemicals. Furthermore, the water absorption is very low.
The exact combination of laminates and core materials depends on the needs of the field of application. It will be designed after customer´s requests!
- Light material – 20 - 25% lighter than aluminum
- Corrosion free
- Heat / fire resistant
- Individual and freeform design
- Less installation time
- Less waste and power consumption in production and good to recycle
- Bulk density: from 1.5kg/mm/m2 to 2.3kg/mm/m2 (depending on the amount of fibre and resin)
- Cold crushing strength: min 1,4N/mm2
- Compressive strength: min 3,8 N/mm2 (MPa)
- Compressive modulus: min 170 N/mm2 (MPa)
- Shear strength: min 0.90 N/mm2 (MPa)
- Shear modulus: min 40 N/mm2 (MPa)
- Fire class: up to HL3 (EN 45545), (AFNOR M-M1), EN
- 13501 A2 S1 d0, FTPC Part 2 & 5 or Part 1
- Ambient temperature: from -40+80°C
- Life and wind loads in accordance to international ISO standards and the Eurocodes
- Topcoat / gelcoat: on demand of the installation and the necessary fire class.
- The given figures are examples. The real figures will be calculated to relation to the demands!
- Shipbuilding: structures, walls, ceilings, furniture
- Architecture / building industry: balconies, roof claddings design elements, facades,
- Rail industry: structures, inner walls, ceilings, paneling
- Composite technology: parts where fire is an issue
- Wind power: structures, partitions, paneling